Resources for Finding Transportation, Scheduling Appointments, and People who are Homebound
LifePath Area Agency on Aging in Western Massachusetts: If you are an older adult or person with a disability without internet access and need help to schedule an appointment, are in need of transportation to a clinic, or if you cannot leave your home to be vaccinated, call LifePath’s Vaccination Access helpline at (413) 829-9285.
Massachusetts Vaccine Registration Hotline for MA residents 75+ or anyone who is unable to make an appointment online:
- Dial 2-1-1 and select Option 2.
- Hours: M-F from 8:30am-5:00pm.
Homebound, Taxing to Travel, and Persons Requiring Full Time Assistance: A local public health nurse can come to you to administer a vaccine.
- Residents of the 15 FRCOG CPHS Member Towns, call Lisa White at 413-665-1400 x 114 (Bernardston, Buckland, Charlemont, Conway, Colrain, Deerfield, Erving, Gill, Heath, Hawley, Leyden, Monroe, Northfield, Rowe, and Shelburne)
- Montague residents call the Montague Board of Health at 413-863-3200 Ext. 205
- Orange, New Salem and Wendell residents call the Orange Board of Health at 978-544-1107
- All others, call the State Homebound Vaccination Program phone number 833-983-0485
For Mass Health Members: MassHealth is providing free transportation to vaccine appointments for any individual that has any type of MassHealth coverage or the Health Safety Net. This includes people with MassHealth Limited, Children’s Medical Security Program (CMSP) and MassHealth Family Assistance (FA). In addition, members can request transportation services directly through MassHealth’s Customer Service, rather than needing to request services through a health care provider.
If an individual has MassHealth or the Health Safety Net, they (or a caregiver) can call their health plan or MassHealth directly to schedule free transportation at 800-841-2900 (TTY: 800-497-4648).
However, MassHealth members who are enrolled in a Senior Care Options or One Care plan or in a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) should continue to contact their health plan or PACE provider to request help with transportation.
See our FAQ page.